Currently, I’m investigating multiple aspects of the (mis)information ecosystem, including: understanding audiences’ responses on social media (CSCW’18a); auditing platforms’ interventions, e.g., content moderation (ICWSM’19, AAAI’20) and search ranking (CSCW’18b); extracting structured information from fact-checks (WWW’20); and other projects listed in my publications.
- Northeastern, Ph.D. in Computer Science, advised by Christo Wilson, expected 2021
- BUPT, B.B.A. in Management Information Systems, 2016
- Northeastern, Research Assistant, 2016 - now
- Google AI, Software Engineer Intern, 2019
- Dataminr, Research Intern, 2019
- NUS, Research Assistant, 2015 - 2016
- BUPT, Research Assistant, 2013 - 2015
- 2020-01-10: Fact-check paper (done during the summer internship with Google AI) was accepted with oral presentation at WWW 2020. Thanks the fact-check team!
- 2019-11-15: Going for an internship with Facebook’s dangerous content team in summer 2020.
- 2019-10-08: Content moderation paper was invited as a sister conference track paper to AAAI 2020.
- 2019-08-30: Finished my summer internship with Google AI. Had a wonderful time thanks to Simon, Abe, Cong and the NY structured data team!
- 2019-06-11: Content moderation paper won an Outstanding Analysis Paper award at ICWSM 2019. Thanks Ron and Christo!